Founder, MBBS, MD, DGO, FCPS, Diploma in Gynae Endoscopy (Atlanta, USA), PhD in Urogynaecology Gynaec Laparosurgeon, IVF Specialist & Urogynaecology Medical Director and Chief Laparoscopic Surgeon
Dr. B. Ramesh is one amongst the leading Gynaec. Laparoscopic surgeons in India with significant presence in clinical and academic circles all over India and being regularly invited as chairperson, speaker and faculty for major conferences relating to Gynaecological Laparoscopy and Infertility. Dr. Ramesh also conducts live surgical workshops in these forums. These presentations are frequent, occurring 2-3 times per month across major academic centres all over India. Currently, he is the Director and Chief Endoscopic surgeon for Altius Hospital, a referral center dealing with complicated laparoscopic and hysteroscopic procedures. Dr. B. Ramesh has performed over 100000 major Gynaec Laparoscopic Surgeries, a major feat in India and more than 9000 Laparoscopic Hysterectomies. Dr. B. Ramesh is the first gynaecologist to perform 3D laparoscopic surgeries in India. He is specialized in various laparoscopic sling procedures for nulliparous prolapse, Hysteroscopic surgeries for uterine septum, Tubal Cannulations, Adhesiolysis and all methods of endometrial ablation including TCRE and LASER ablation, as an alternative to hysterectomy. Dr. Ramesh also deals with cases of urinary stress incontinence and laparoscopic pelvic floor repair referred by Gynaecologists and other colleagues. His special interest in Infertility treatment and IVF and has been successfully running two IVF centres in India.
Mr. Shreyas Ramesh holds a Bachelor’s degree in the field of Mechanical Engineering from the prestigious Rashtreeya Vidyalaya College of Engineering. He also holds a Master’s in Science degree specializing in Business Management from one of the United Kingdom’s top universities, The University of Leeds. Shreyas joined as Additional Director at Altius Hospital (Unit of Dr. Ramesh Hospital) from August 28th, 2017. He is responsible for the overall working of the company and is instrumental in making strategic decisions. It isn’t every engineer who can seamlessly shift gears to help and lead through chaos, all the while integrating everyone who works in the company. But this acts as Shreyas’s signature; he is differentiated by an uncommon compliment of academic excellence combined with strong business acumen. This allows him to view Altius with a wide lens and then narrow down dots, understand complex issues, identify business drivers and drive results by taking action.
At a very young age, Mr. Shreyas has achieved several milestones. Some of his notable academic achievements are being elected as the Student Placement Coordinator for the whole Mechanical Engineering Department for 3 consecutive years. He also headed the Rashtreeya Vidyalaya College of Engineering’s annual techno-cultural fest, 8th Mile as the Head of Disciplinary Committee for his sheer determination of being a true leader in the role and his work ethics.
Before devoting his time and experience to Altius Hospital he was interning at Royal Brothers, which is the largest bike rental start-up in India spanning over 50 cities. This was solely done to achieve practical knowledge of being an entrepreneur, paralleling with his achievement as the Senior Associate at Entrepreneurship cell at RV College of Engineering. He is highly analytical about situations and at a personal level, Shreyas is an amiable and spirited person. Highly driven, a good team member, he inspires his colleagues to get involved in technical innovation. He seems to enjoy being challenged to think hard and arrive at interesting ways to tackle a problem.
He has led many strategic initiatives that have led to a positive impact on Altius Hospital as well as the people who work under it. His strategies have impacted the betterment of the brand by driving down costs, creating a better work environment for people to give better results, increase revenue and improve the overall performance of all the departments.
In his own words, Mr. Shreyas summarises his life, “As days passed, my desire to be an entrepreneur to make a change in the society, create employment and sustainable business models became profound. After I felt I was technically sound in the field of engineering. I felt that a Master’s degree in the field of management was apt in achieving my endeavors and to give me the exposure I needed. Hailing from a Doctor’s family I got an early exposure to the working of the healthcare industry in my country in terms of all aspects as my father owns a chain of hospitals (Altius Hospital Pvt Ltd). My short stint in the sales and marketing team of Royal Brothers gave me exposure to effective business communication and how a sales force works.”
Mr. B. Shreyas
B.E ( RVCE ) , MSc ( LUBS, UK)
Mr. Shiju T R is the Head of Operations and heads the Financial department of the organization.
Efficiently maintains the Hospital Management System.
He also assists in Major Laparoscopic Surgeries in the Operation Theatre.
Conducts training classes for the Gynec doctors in Minimal Invasive Surgery – Gynaecology (Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy).
Overall manages the entire Hospital Flow.
Mr. Shiju T R
Bachelor of Operation Theatre Technology
Dr. Akshaya S is a Consultant Gynaecologist & Infertility Specialist at Altius Hospital, Rajajinagar Bangalore. She has 7 years of experience in Infertility. Her core expertise is in Reproductive Medicine, Hysteroscopic Procedures & Fertility enhancing Laparoscopic Surgeries. She Worked as a fellow for 18 months under Dr. Vidya Bhat Assisted Laparoscopic, hysteroscopic procedures and infertility procedures.
Dr. Akshaya S
MBBS MS(OBG) FIRM (RGUHS) Consultant Gynaecologist & Infertility Specialist
AT THE HELM
- Pioneer in Gynecology Laparoscopic surgeon in India with significant presence in clinical and academic circles all over India.
- Receives regular invitation as chairperson, speaker and faculty for major conferences relating to Gynecological Laparoscopy and Infertility.
- Conducts live surgical workshops and possesses expertise in treatment of severe endometriosis, laparoscopic vesico vaginal fistula repair, laparoscopic tubal recanalization, removal of large uterus, large multiple fibroids, surgery in dense adhesions, radical Hysterectomy.
- Performs various operative hysteroscopy procedures including removal of submucous fibroid, septum resection, tubal cannulation ,Hysteroscopic Adhesiolysis and all methods of endometrial ablation including TCRE and Laser Ablation, as alternatives to hysterectomy.
- Specialized in urinary incontinence treatment, SUI surgeries like TOT, TVT, Mini ARC, anterior prolift, posterior prolift, vaginal vesicovaginalfistula repair, laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy for vault prolapse.
- Performed 70,000 major Gynaec Laparoscopic surgeries, a major feat in India and more than 9000 Laparoscopic Hysterectomies.
- Emerged as First gynecologist to use 3D Laparoscopic surgeries in India.
- Expertise in various laparoscopic sling procedures for nulliparous prolapse.
- Running successfully 2 Laparoscopy & IVF centers in India.
- Invited as Guest Lecture at various International Conferences like Singapore during the Asia- Pacific Association for Gynecological Endoscopy and Minimal Invasive surgery (APAGE) at 2012 & RCOG World Congress 2017 at Cape Town, South Africa.
Since MM’04 Dr. Ramesh Hospital, Bangalore- Gynaecology as Consultant Laparoscopic Surgeon Since MM’98Cambridge Hospital, Bangalore as Consultant Laparoscopic Surgeon – Gynaecology
Key Result Areas:
- Prescribes or administers therapy, medication, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury
- Analyzes records, reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose medical conditions.
- Collects, records, and maintains patient information, such as medical histories, reports, andexamination results.
- Advises patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Refers patient to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary.
- Consults with, or provides consulting services to, other physicians.
- Directs and coordinates activities of nurses, students, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff Plans, implements, or administers health programs in hospitals, businesses, or communities for prevention and treatment of injuries or illnesses.
- Prepares government and organizational reports on birth, death, and disease statistics, workforce evaluations, or the medical status of individuals.
- Conducts research to develop or test medications, treatments, or procedures to prevent or control
disease or injury
- Steering Advanced Gynecological Sonography and Sonography directed procedures like Ovum pickup, Cyst Aspiration, Embryo transfer and fetal reductions
- Conducting IVF treatments over 10 years and average about 30 Embryo transfers per month
- Training young Gynecologists in Gynaec Laparoscopy
- Imparting more than 700 Gynecologists from all over India and from countries like Malaysia, Singapore, United Kingdom, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Hands On training for Rural Gynecologists deputed by Govt. Of Karnataka
- Led the setting up of nascent laparoscopic units to promote use of laparoscopic technology on wider scale all over the country
- Conducted six International workshops and conferences named “RAGE” (Recent Advances in Gynecology, Gynaec, Endoscopy and Urogynaecology) at Dr. Ramesh Hospital, Bangalore with several world renowned international faculties from Europe, USA, Singapore
- F.I.C.O.G. from Indian College of Gynecologist, Mumbai in 2011
- M.B.B.S from Mysore Medical College, Karnataka in 1988
- F.C.P.S. from KEM Hospital and Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai in 1994
- D.G.O. from KEM Hospital and Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai in 1994
- M.D. from KEM Hospital and Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai in 1993-94
- Life member of Federation of Obstetrics and Gynecological Societies of India (FOGSI) Life member of American Association of Gynecologic laparoscopists (AAGL)
- Life member of European Society for Gynecological Endoscopy (ESGE)
- Life member of the International Society for Gynecologic Endoscopy (ISGE)
- President of Bangalore Gynae Society-2011-12
- Executive committee member of IAGE, 2010-2011
Date of Birth: 1st June, 1965
Languages Known: English / Hindi / Kannada / Malayalam / Telugu/ Tamil
PUBLICATIONS: (Articles and Books)
- Bettaiah Ramesh, Reddy Chandana Anantha Rama. Laparoscopic Hysterectomies: Our 10 Years Experience in a Single Laparoscopic Center. Journal of the Federation Of Obstetric And Gynaecological Societies Of India; volume 66;number 4;july – august 2016
- Ramesh.B. M.D , Chaithra T.M, Haritha Desai, Rachana Ghanti et al: Management of Robert’s uterus by a combined hysteroscopy and laparoscopy : A clinical pearl. Gynecol Surg (2016). doi:10.1007/s10397-016-0954-4
- Ramesh Bettaiah, Shraddha Neminath Kurkuri, Satwik Basavaraj Metgud, Chaithra TM. Iatrogenic parasitic myomas following uterus removal : a preventable entity. International Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2016 ;5(6):2049-2051. Doi: 10.18203/2320-1770.ijrcog20161718.
- Bettaiah .R, Chaithra .T.M, Chandra Mouli.M, Thermal Bowel injury during difficult laparoscopic myomectomy. JMIG(2015) 10.1016/j. jmig.2015.10.010
- Ramesh Bettaiah, ReshuSarogi, Chandana A.Reddy, Transobturator mid urethral sling surgery for stress urinary incontinence: Our experience. Int J Reprod Contracept Obstet Gynecol.2015;4(6):1831_1835. Doi:10.18203/2320-1770.ijrcog20151269
- Bettaiah R, Chandana AR, Pooja G, Single incision laparoscopic Cystectomy for a huge fimbrial cyst: A rare case report . International journal of reproduction , contraception obstetrics and gynaecology, 2015 Oct;4(5):1637-1638
- Ramesh B, Chaithra TM, Et Al .Anterior abdominal wall scar endometriosis : An Engima . The journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of India. 2015-16 September: published online Ramesh B, ET AL. Caesarean scar pregnancy – an unusual presentation. Journal of postgraduate Gynaecology and Obstetrics. Aug 2015;2(8)
- Bettaiah R ET AL , Laparoscopic hysterectomies : our 10 years experience in a single laparoscopic centre. The journal of obstetrics and gynaecology of India, First online Feb 2015
- VijayaBayyarapu, Ramesh B ET al, Incidental Laparoscopic diagnosis of a concurrent contralateral ectopic pregnancy in a donor egg recipient with left tubal gestation. Journal of Gynecologic surgery. 2014;30(4);236-239
- Suyajna D Joshi, Ramesh B, Ratna Suyajna Joshi, Veerendra Kumar( 2006) Laparoscopic repair of uterovesical fistula. The journal of Obstetric and Gynecology of India, Vol. 56, No.2: Page 166-167
- B Ramesh, MadhuriVidyashankar, B V Bharathi (2011) Single incision laparoscopic myomectomy. Journal of Gynecological Endoscopy and surgery, Vol.2(1), issue 1, Page 61-63
- B Ramesh, Pooja Sharma (2013) Laparoendoscopic single- site surgery in gynecology: Dawn of a new era. Journal of Mid- Life Health, vol. 4, issue 1: page 52-53
- B Ramesh, Pooja Sharma, Dipti Gunge (2012), Abdominal Wall Parasitic Myoma Following Electromechanical Morcellation, The Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology of India November, ‘Online First’.
- Ramesh Bettaiah, Shwetha Sudhakar Kamath, Rachana Ghanti (2017), First Case of Mole in the Horn, Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology.
- Ramesh Bettaiah, Shwetha Sudhakar Kamath (2017), Intramyometrial Injection of Vasopressin: A Novel Method for Hemostasis at Laparoscopic Management of Cornual Ectopic, Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology.
- Ramesh Bettaiah, Shwetha Sudhakar Kamath (2017), Effective Hemostasis in Cervical Ectopic Pregnancy with packing without Hysterolaparoscopy or Devascualarization. Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology.
Textbook & Atlas of Laparoscopic Hysterectomy , 31 Oct 2016 by B. Ramesh (Author), Pooja Sharma Dimri (Author) ISBN-13: 9789385999284 ; Publication date: June, 2016 Publisher: Jaypee Medical (Jaypee Brothers, Medical Publishers Pvt. Ltd.)
Single Port Laparoscopic Surgery in Gynecology, 2013, Jaypee Publishers Chapters Contributed. Chapter- 9, How to make laparoscopic surgery safe for advanced endometriosis, page 70-77, in Safe and Effective Gynecological Endoscopic and Minimal Access Surgery, by author Trivedi Prakash H. Specialized Professional upgradation and Training in Obstetrics & Gynecology
Chairperson oration and speaker at National Conferences:
YUVA FOGSI Oration, Hyderabad
44th Annual CME 2010, OGSV , Vizag
- AICOG-2012 Hysteroscopy & Abnormal Uterine Bleeding on 26th January 2012- DUB, AUB, Bakri balloon in AUB, Ablation
- Focused conference on “Fibroid Uterus’ Womb to tomb” Gnanavarsha 2012 Annual conference recognized by FOGSI Conference ( 24th & 25th March- High Intensity Focused Ultrasound
- Investiture and scientific evening of the Bangalore society of Obstetrics & Gynecology on 15th April 2012, Principles of Success
- Endometriosis Live Workshop and Scientific session by BSOG, Bangalore, 13/05/2012- Optimizing ART outcomes in endometriosis
- 12th International conference “What is new in managing sub-Fertility, obstetrics & Gynaecology on 5th August 2012- How to avoid litigations in gynecological procedures(conventional and endoscopic)
- 9th National conference in laparoscopy, Just innovation[BEAMS] on 3rd ,4th & 5th September,2012, Live surgery
- Controversies & Complications in Gyn.Endoscopy on 29th & 30th September, 2012- Controversies and complications
- AICOG-2012 Hysteroscopy & Abnormal Uterine Bleeding on 26th January 2012- Hysteroscopic management of Asherman’s syndrome.
- Focused conference on “Fibroid Uterus’ Womb to tomb” & FOGSI Conference Gnanavarsha 2012 Annual conference 24th & 25th March- Laparoscopic myomectomies- Techniques and outcome.
- BSOG CME on 14th to 17th June,2012- How to start doing Laparoscopy.
- Urinary Incontinence simplified on 24th June 2012, at TATA Hospital, Mumbai- Misadventures in Stress Urinary Incontinence Surgery.
- IAGE Silver line focused event on only 3D Laparoscopy & Urinary Incontinence surgery on June 29 & 30,2013- Single Port Surgery.
- 2012 Regional congress of APAGE: Endometriosis and complex pelvic surgery on 23rd -24th July 2012- Adding 3rd Dimension to Laparoscopy.
- 12th International conference “What is new in managing sub-Fertility, obstetrics & Gynaecology on 5th August 2012- Role of endoscopy in gynaecology, is there a limit.
- Life 2012 Endoscopy Infertility On 31st August-2nd September 2012- Preservation of fertility.
- Life 2012 Endoscopy Infertility On 31st August-2nd September 2012- Diagnosing and managing complications during laparoscopy and hysterectomy.
- Optimizing options in Gynaec Endoscopy on 7-9 September ,2012, at Ahmedabad- Live surgical demonstration.
- Controversies & Complications in Gyn.Endoscopy on 29th & 30th September 2012- Complications in single port.
- Gnanavarsha Reproductive Endocrinology on 24th & 25th of November 2012, Thyroid disorder and infertility
- Fertivision-2012, Infertility & Assisted Reproductive Technologies on 7th ,8th &9th December,2012.
- Lap Hysterectomy made simplified, on 24th March,2013- TLH simple case with single port
- Indian association of gynaecological Endoscopists-IAGE- Recent advances- 3-5th May 2013, Bangalore- Ureteroscopy in gynecology.
- BSOG-RCOG Office Hysteroscopy on 7th july,2013, live workshop.
- The Thirteenth international conference on What is new in subfertility, Obstetrics & Gynecology 7th -11th August 2013- Fibroid when to investigate, role of imaging and endoscopy, mode of surgery does it affect future pregnancy and delivery.
- Advances in Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Reproductive Medicine on August 30,31 & 1ST September 2013, Trivandrum, Kerala- 3 D Laparoscopy in gynaec endoscopy.
- The International Live Workshop and conference on Fibroids & Hysterectomy on September 27,28,29 2013- Vault Closure- Different methods.
Dr. Ramesh is one among the few specialists in India who have performed over 30,000 Operative laparoscopic surgeries. He has also conducted various Laparoscopic camps and presented many papers at various national and international conferences. He has been the driving force behind several state level and national level workshops and conferences. He has trained and mentored many a young Gynaecologist over the last two decades.
- One of the few Gynaecologists in the country to specialize in Gynaec Endoscopy, Infertility, Assisted
- Reproduction and Urogynaecology.
- One of the first to start TVT and TVT – O procedures for SUI in South India.
- First to perform ELITT (Endometrial Laser Interstitial Therapy) for DUB in South India.
- First to perform single incision Laparoscopic surgery (scarless) in gynecology
- First in India to launch Karl Storz (Germany) 3D Laparoscopy.
Most importantly :
Amongst the few in the country to have performed more than 30,000 major Laparoscopic Surgeries.
Papers Presented at International Conferences (Image has to be incorporated)
23-24th July2012 Regional Congress of Asia- Pacific Association for gynecological Endoscopy and Minimally Invasive surgery Singapore (APAGE) on Endometriosis and complex pelvic surgeries on “Adding 3rd Dimension to Laparoscopy”.
The Laparoscopic facilities at Altius Hospital are on par with International Standards with state-of-the-art Operation theatre being the highlight. Ramesh Hospital was amongst the first of the Hospitals in India to have an OR1 , the latest system for High Tech State of Art Laparoscopic surgeries. OR1 comes with Stainless Steel cladding of the wall and roof for maintaining an absolute sterile atmosphere.
All the equipment and monitors are suspended from the ceiling by pendent and cables, Gas connections to the equipment run through the pendent. The advantage of pendent system is saving floor space and concealing all the cables and connections. Pendent with the equipment can be moved 360 deg anywhere in the operation room. With OR1 it’s now possible to control everything from Medical Devices, Lighting, Room, Cameras and Tele-conferencing from a Central Station inside or outside the sterile area with communication BUS system (SCB) and all the function can be monitored continuously.
Flat Screen Technology
For Non-Flickering clear image quality and effortless ergonomically optimized positioning.
Touch Screen Control
Control of all peripheral devices and cameras from a single monitor.
Remote controlled C-Arm compatible OT Table with sliding movements and all the tilts.
Telemedicine and Teleconferencing
Facilities for Telemedicine and Simultaneous Audio-Video conferencing with the patient relatives and referral doctors. Ramesh Hospital is the first center in South India to install a 3D laparoscopic camera system. The 3 D laparoscopy system at our center is from Karl Storz, Germany (first one in India).
Benefits of a 3D Laparoscopy System
Benefits To Patients
- Less complications
- Cost effectiveness
- Hospital stay reduced to one day
- Lesser time for surgery
Benefits To Patients
- Depth perception
- High resolution
- Incredible 3D image thus reducing surgical & anaesthesia time
Altius Hospital continues to invest heavily on newer technologies to stay abreast and provide quality Healthcare to all its patients.