Dr. Bhushan Chittawadagi
Consultant – Surgical Gastroenterology
MBBS, MS General Surgery, Sub Specialisation: Surgical Gastroenterology
Experience: 13 years+
Dr.Bhushan’s career has combined research, education, and clinical care. His clinical areas of expertise are on both the cancerous and non-cancerous disorders of the esophagus and stomach. Non-cancerous disorders such as the treatment and diagnosis of GERD, Barrett’s esophagus, achalasia, hiatal hernia, and para esophageal hernia among others.
Dr. Bhushan Chittawadagi has extensive experience with new technologies with a special interest in advanced Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic Surgery including robotic surgery & utilizes technology to benefit his patients so they may enjoy life better.
Area Of Special Interest
Awards & Recognition
- Best JnJ sponsorship award for outstanding scientific research and
excellent presentation entitled “Laparoscopic Palliative Pharyngo-gastric
Anastomosis with Esophageal Bypass for Carcinoma Cervical Esophagus with
Tracheo-esophageal Fistula” in Korean Society of Endoscopic & Laparoscopic
Surgery 25th Anniversary & 48th Annual Congress & 11th International
Symposium (KSELS 2021) from April 22-24, 2021, Seol, South Korea
- Recipient of KS National Robotic Surgery Video Awards 2021, awarded by
Vattikutti foundation, Detroit, United states.
- Best video award for “Robotic McKeown’s esophagectomy with Total 2F
Lymphadenectomy in locally advanced Mid Thoracic SCC” in an Annual
international Conference, ACRLS 2020, Nov 27-28, Seoul, South Korea, jointly
organized by Asia Pacific association of Robotic surgeons and Korean association
of Robotic surgeons.
- Best video award for “Robotic McKeown’s esophagectomy” in Annual
Conference of Clinical Robotic Surgery Association (India Chapter) CRSA IND
- Best paper award for “Laparoscopic palliative cervical esophageal bypass for
carcinoma esophagus with TEF” in International conference on complex & rare
cases in esophagus and stomach, ICES – 2019.
- Best paper award for “Laparoscopic D2-Gastrectomy for locally advanced gastric
cancer: surgical and long-term oncological outcomes” in 13th international
congress of AMASICON-2018.
- Best poster Award for “Predictors of malignancy in Chronic calcific pancreatitis
with head mass” in IASGCON-2017.
- Bursary award from the prestigious India association of surgical gastroenterologist
for IASGCON 2017.
- Bhushan Chittawadagi, Sunil Nayak, R Parthasarathi, Bharath Cumar, Saravana Kumar, Ramesh, Praveenraj, Chinnusamy Palanivelu. Laparoscopic D2 Gastrectomy in Advanced Gastric Cancer: Postoperative outcomes & Long-term survival analysis. Asian Journal of Endoscopic Surgery.18 feb 2021. https://doi.org/10.1111/ases.12926 Feb 2021.
- Shankar B, Bhushan Chittawadagi, Parthasarathi R, C Palanivelu. Propensity matched analysis of short term oncological and perioperative outcomes following robotic and thoracolaparoscopic esophagectomy for carcinoma esophagus- the first Indian experience. J Robot Surg. 2021 Feb 20;1-9. doi: 10.1007/s11701-021-01211-w.
- Chittawadagi B, Senthilnathan P, Palanivelu C. Chronic encysted giant seroma post‐ventral hernia repair masquerading as peritoneal cyst and its laparo‐seroscopic management: A case report and literature review. J Minim Access Surg.2020 Sep 15. doi: 10.4103/jmas.
- Parthasarathi, Sharma Dhawal, Bhushan Chittawadagi, Bharath Cumar, Saravana Kumar, Chinnusamy Palanivelu. Gastrointestinal stromal tumour of stomach: Feasibility of laparoscopic resection in large lesions and its longterm outcomes. J Minim Access Surg. 2020 Feb 26. doi:10.4103/jmas.JMAS_311_18.
- Chittawadagi B, Senthilnathan P, Jankar SV, Sabnis SC, Parthasarathi R, Palanivelu C. Laparoscopic Roux-en Y duodenojejunostomy: A safe and physiological treatment for symptomatic annular pancreas in adults. J Min Access Surg 2020;16:121-5.
- Senthilnathan Palanisamy, Bhushan Chittawadagi, Sumanta Dey, Sandeep C. Sabnis, Nalankilli V.P, Rajapandian Subbiah, Palanivelu Chinnusamy. Inflammatory Myofibroblastic Tumor of Colon Mimicking Advanced Malignancy: Report of Two Cases with Review of Literature. Indian J Surg (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12262-020-02215-w.
- Subbiah Rajapandian, Chittawadagi Bhushan, Sandeep C Sabnis, Manish Jain, Palanivelu Praveen Raj, Ramakrishnan Parathasarthi, Palanisamy Senthilnathan, Chinnusamy Palanivelu. Single incision multiport versus conventional laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair: A matched comparison. J Minim Access Surg 2018 Jan-Mar;14(1):44-51.
- Palanivelu Chinnusamy, Sumanta Dey, Bhushan Chittawadagi, Srivatsan Gurumurthy, Sandeep Sabnis, Senthilnathan Palanisamy. First robotic pylorus preserving pancreaticoduodenectomy for Frantz’s tumour in an adolescent girl. J Minim Access Surg 2018 May 4. Epub 2018 May 4.
- R Parthsarathi, Samrat V Jankar, Bhushan Chittawadgi, Sandeep C Sabnis, S Sarvana Kumar, S Rajapandian, P Senthilnathan, P Praveen Raj, and C Palanivelu, “Laparoscopic management of symptomatic residual appendicular tip: A rare case report.,” Journal of minimal access surgery, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 154–156.
- S. Rajapandian, Samrat V. Jankar, Darshan S. Nayak, Bhushan Chittawadgi, Sandeep C. Sabnis, R. Sathyamoorthy, R. Parthasarathi, P. Senthilnathan, P. Praveen Raj, and C. Palanivelu. Laparoscopic management of ‘Y-shaped’ gallbladder duplication with review of literature. J Minim Access Surg. 2017 Jul-Sep; 13(3): 231–233.
- Rajapandian S, Jankar SV, Chittawadgi B, C. Palanivelu et al. Laparoscopic excision of rare case of recurrent presacral teratoma. Journal of minimal access surgery. 2017 Oct;13(4):315
- S. Palanisamy, B Chittawadagi, P Chinnusamy et al. Changing pattern of Laparoscopic internal drainage of pancreatic pseudocyst in the era of endoscopy: Experience from a tertiary centre in south India. HPB, volume 18, supplement 1, e339, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hpb.2016.02.877
- Chittawadgi B B, Mhetre S C, Chittawadgi B B, A morphometric analysis of diameter of blood vessels in relation to degree of eosinophils and basophils (mast cells) infiltration for analysis of severity and prognosis of acute appendicitis. Indian J Pathol Oncol 2016;3(3):463-469
- Jaykar R D, Kasabe P, Bhushan C, Kamble P H. Giant Retroperitoneal Lipoma: A Case Report and Review. MedPulse – International Journal of General Surgery; 1(1): 12-14.
- Jaykar R D, Jadhav S C, Bhushan C, Kamble P H. Compound and Multiple intussusceptions caused by inverted Meckel’s diverticulum: A rare case report. Indian Journal of Basic & Applied Medical Research; June 2013: Issue-7, Vol.- 2, P. 655-659.